What Is A Caravan Aquaroll?
How you get water to the taps in a caravan, may seem like a silly question to ask. Don’t worry, that’s why we’re here.
You use an Aquaroll – what is an Aquaroll? It’s basically a large polymer material barrel with a handle that fits into the sides so that you can roll it backwards and forwards to the closest tap on the caravan site.
There are other ways to autofill an Aquaroll but I will come onto that in a bit.
The Aquaroll then connects to the caravan and provides fresh drinking water just like at home. The water provided from the Aquaroll feeds both the hot and cold taps, the sink and the shower.
The only thing that the Aquaroll doesn’t provide water for is the caravan toilet.
How Many Litres Does An Aquaroll Hold?
Most Aquaroll’s are 40L but they do also sell a 25L version. If you need more water then you can connect Aquaroll’s together.
Aqaroll Measurements and dimensions
40L Aquaroll dimensions are as follows
50.1 x 42 x 41 cm
Usually you will find that the water inlet on your caravan is the perfect height once the filling pipe or pump in connected to the caravan. you can however get a stand for the Aquaroll if you require one.
How To Connect Aquaroll To Caravan
Connecting the Aquaroll to your caravan will be done in one of two ways.
- Onboard Pump
- Separate pump (often called a Whale pump after the brand Whale)
If you have an onboard pump then you will have a connection hose that sinks in the water inside your Aquaroll.
Separate or Whale Pump
If you have this type of pump then the pump connects to the side of the caravan with a hose and cable in one plug. The pump its self then submerges into the water inside the Aquaroll.
Aquaroll Autofill – How To Avoid The Effort Of Refilling
Many people use a device to auto refill the Aquaroll. This works with a mechanical float switch that you can put inside the Aquaroll.
When you use the tap inside the caravan, the water level drops and so does the float, allowing more water to enter the Aquaroll.
- Care-avan Ball Valve and Cap Suitable for Aquaroll Water Container
- 10 Mtr Food Grade Hose with hose connectors
- Tap Adaptors
- Male / Male Adaptors
- Free UK Postage
How To Clean Aquaroll In Seconds
Some people forget to clean the Aquaroll. It is very important to empty the Aquaroll each time you go home if you are leaving your caravan on a site for the whole season.
This is to prevent bacteria and viruses to grow, particularly if your Aquaroll is left in direct sunlight and becomes warm.
I suggest using a contact steriliser and wash it out before you fill it back up with fresh water.
There are several accessories available for your Aquaroll. Many shown below.
- Hitchman stand for the 40ltr Aquaroll
- Ideal for campers using an Aquaroll without a pump
- The stand holds the water carrier above ground level enabling use of the tap without lifting or tilting your Aquaroll
- You can fit the stand and the tap even when the Aquaroll is full without lifting
- Remove the handle, place the Aquaroll on the end, fit the tap, hold the stand in position and use the handle to lever onto the stand
- 145 Stand For The 40L Aquaroll
- Great Product
- Hitchman Aquaroll bag
- Designed for the 29 & 40 litre Aquaroll
- Will protect your caravan or motorhome when transporting your water container
- Each bag is manufactured from water resistant and heavy duty PVC coated nylon
- Strong handle to enable easy carriage
- 060 Bag For 29 And 40 Ltr Aquaroll
- Great Product
No products found.