Choosing the right axle stand for your caravan is important to ensure its stability and safety when parked or in storage. With different types of caravan axle stands available, each with varying weight capacities, height ranges, and materials, it can be overwhelming to determine the right one for your needs.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read More
The purpose of this article is to provide a comprehensive guide to help buyers choose the correct caravan axle stand for their specific requirements, as well as to provide information on safety considerations and price ranges.
Types Of Caravan Axle Stand
There are three main types of caravan axle stands available in the market:
- Axle stands for single axle touring caravans: These are designed to support caravans with a single axle, providing a stable base for the caravan when sited or stored.
- Axle stands for twin wheel touring caravans: These are specifically designed for twin-wheel touring caravans, which have two axles and four wheels. They are sold in sets of four and provide greater stability and support for heavier caravans.
- Axle stands for static caravans: These are designed to support static caravans, which are heavier and larger than touring caravans. These axle stands typically have a higher weight capacity than those designed for touring caravans, ensuring that the caravan remains stable and secure when parked or stored.
Touring Caravan Axle Stands
For someone with a single axle touring caravan, they may be looking for an axle stand with a low minimum height, as this will help them to position the axle stand without having to jack up the caravan too heigh.
Additionally, as they may need to transport the axle stands to the site, they may prefer an axle stand that is light in weight and easy to handle.
Since single axle caravans are generally lightweight, there is less emphasis on weight capacity, and a standard weight capacity should suffice.
- Our jack stands with 3 tone capacity total (when used together)
- Stabilizes a raised vehicle—ideal when making underbody repairs
- Perfect as a car jack or for other purposes in the workshop/garage/roadside emergency Usage
- Stand can be raised or lowered to the height needed; self-locking ratchet for ease of use
- Durable steel frame with rustproof coating; easy-to-read weight capacity
Axle Stands for Twin Axle Caravans
For someone with a twin axle touring caravan, they will need four axle stands as the caravan has two axles. Similar to the single axle caravan, they may prefer axle stands with a low minimum height for ease of positioning the caravan.
However, as twin axle caravans are generally heavier, they may prefer axle stands with a higher weight capacity to ensure the caravan remains stable and secure.
Despite the heavier weight capacity, they may still prefer a relatively lightweight design that is easy to transport and handle.
- Stabilised: the caravan support stand ensures safe, even positioning and stability of the caravan
- Load capacity: the Cartrend caravan support stand can lift 900 kg per piece
- Gentle: the support stand has protective caps to protect the underbody and is fully adjustable
- Durable: made of cast aluminium, so it is rust-proof and easy to carry
- Adjustable: the Cartrend Caravan support stand can be extended from a height of 280 mm to a maximum height of 430 mm
Static Caravan Axle Stands
For static caravans, weight is often the most important factor when choosing axle stands. Static caravans are larger and heavier than touring caravans, and therefore require axle stands with a higher weight capacity.
This ensures that the caravan remains stable and secure when sited or stored.
Additionally, since static caravans are often permanently placed and not moved frequently, the weight of the axle stands themselves is not as important as it is for touring caravans.
As a result, static caravan owners may prefer axle stands made from durable, heavy-duty materials that can support the weight of the caravan for long periods of time.
In conclusion, choosing the correct caravan axle stand is crucial to ensure the stability and safety of your caravan when you jack up your caravan when leaving it parked or stored.
By considering factors such as weight capacity, height range, material, safety features, and price, you can find an axle stand that meets your specific needs and preferences.
Whether you own a single axle touring caravan, twin wheel touring caravan, or static caravan, there are various options available in the market.
By using this guide as a reference, you can make an informed decision and select an axle stand that provides the necessary support and stability for your caravan.
33 Aintree Way, Dudley, DY1 2SL
Phone 01384 660150
Hours of Operation
|Sunday||8 am–8 pm|
|Monday||8 am–8 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am–8 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am–8 pm|
|Thursday||8 am–8 pm|
|Friday||8 am–8 pm|
|Saturday||8 am–8 pm|