Caravan outside lights can do more than just provide essential lighting for safety and convenience; they can also add an extra touch of magic and charm to your outdoor space.
From elegant awning lights to vibrant decorative lights, the options are endless, and the choice of lighting can help you create the perfect ambiance for any occasion.
Imagine relaxing under a canopy of warm, inviting led light with loved ones, or enjoying a nightcap in a cozy, well-lit space after a long day of adventure.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read More
Beautiful outdoor lights not only help you see but also add a delightful touch of personality and character to your pitch. It’s a way to express yourself, showcase your creativity, and make your outdoor space uniquely your own.
In this article, we’ll explore different types of lights available on market and factors to consider when choosing them.
Awning lights can illuminate you awnings dark outdoor space and provide ample lighting for a range of activities, from cooking and eating to socialising and relaxing.
The main awning light is typically located above the entrance and is designed to provide general illumination for the entire area. It usually runs off the caravan’s electrical system and can be operated using a switch. This sort of light is often bright and provides enough lighting for most activities, but some caravanners may find that it’s not enough for their needs.
This is where additional awning lights come in. These lights are placed around the awning and can provide targeted lighting for specific areas, such as the cooking area or seating area.
Having additional awning lights can also help you create different moods and atmospheres. For example, string lights can provide a cozy and romantic ambiance, while colored lights can add a fun and playful vibe. You can also choose from different designs and styles to match your personal taste.
Awning light not working?
One of the most common reasons that the main awning light may not be working is that the additional switch on the back of the light has been turned off.
This switch is often located in the cupboard behind the awning light and can be accidentally turned off when items in the cupboard move around during transit.
Before replacing the bulb (unless its led), it’s a good idea to check the switch and ensure that the light is turned on. This simple solution can save you time, money, and hassle, and ensure that your main awning light is working correctly.
Decorative Lighting for Outdoor Use
Decorative led lights are a great way to add a touch of personality and charm to your caravan’s outdoor space. Ground lights are a popular choice as they can illuminate a path and provide a safer walking environment.
Rope lights are often used for celebrations such as birthdays or holidays, but they can also be attached to a flagpole to make your setup stand out from others on a large field. Whether you want to create a festive atmosphere or add a personal touch to your caravan, decorative lights are an excellent choice.
Solar decorative lights can be a great option for outdoor lighting, but they come with both advantages and disadvantages.
- Eco-friendly: Solar lights rely on the sun’s energy, meaning they do not produce harmful emissions or require electricity from the grid.
- Cost-effective: Once you have bought the lights, there are no ongoing costs as they charge themselves.
- Low-maintenance: Unlike traditional lights, led solar lights do not require wiring or frequent battery replacements.
- Weather-dependent: Solar lights performance can be affected by weather conditions, meaning that they may not charge as effectively on cloudy days.
- Less consistent: As led solar lights rely on the sun’s energy, they may not be as bright or consistent as an electric light with an incandecent bulb.
- Location dependent: To ensure that solar lights charge effectively, they need to be in a location that receives a significant amount of sunlight.
Battery-powered decorative lights are another option for outdoor lighting, but they too come with their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Portable: Battery-powered lights are usually portable and can be easily moved from one location to another.
- Convenient: These lights are simple to install, and you do not need to worry about wiring or electricity.
- Reliable: When fully charged, led battery-powered lights can provide consistent and bright lighting for a long period of time.
- Replacement costs: Batteries will eventually need to be replaced, which can result in ongoing costs.
- Environmental impact: The disposal of batteries can be harmful to the environment if not done properly.
- Battery life: Depending on the usage, even led battery-powered lights may need to be recharged or have their batteries replaced more frequently.
Hardwired Mains Powered Lights
Hardwired mains-powered decorative lights are a permanent outdoor lighting option that requires installation and a mains electricity connection. Here are some advantages and disadvantages:
- Reliable: Once installed, hardwired lights provide a reliable and consistent source of light for your caravan’s outdoor space.
- Long-lasting: Hardwired lights are built to last and can provide years of use with minimal maintenance.
- Versatile: With a mains connection, you can install a range of lights, including those that require higher wattages, providing more options for your outdoor space.
- Installation cost: Installing hardwired led lights can be more expensive than other options as it requires professional installation and may require permits.
- Limited mobility: Hardwired led lights are not portable and cannot be moved once installed.
- Seasonal limitations: Hardwired led lights may not be suitable for caravans that are frequently moved, but can be a good option for caravans that are seasonally pitched or for static caravans.
Overall, hardwired mains-powered decorative lights can be a great permanent option for those who want a reliable and long-lasting lighting solution for their caravan’s outdoor space.
Rope lights can be a great option for illuminating a flag pole and making your caravan easy to find on a large field, particularly during rallies.
By wrapping the rope lights around the flagpole, you create a bright and eye-catching display that can be seen from a distance. In addition to being practical, rope lights can also add a decorative touch to your caravan’s outdoor space, making it stand out and creating a party atmosphere.
Security lights are an important consideration for caravans, particularly if you plan to leave your caravan unattended for long periods of time. These lights are designed to deter potential intruders by illuminating the area around your caravan and making it more visible. Some security lights are motion-activated, meaning they will only turn on when movement is detected
In conclusion, there are a variety of lighting options available for your caravan’s outdoor space, from practical awning lights to decorative rope lights and security lights.
Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages, and it’s important to consider your specific needs and preferences when choosing the right lighting for your caravan.
Whether you’re looking to add some ambiance to your outdoor space, improve safety and security, or simply make it easier to find your way home on a large field, there are plenty of lighting options available to help you achieve your goals.
With the right led lighting, you can create a warm and inviting atmosphere around your caravan, making it a more enjoyable and comfortable space to spend time in.
33 Aintree Way, Dudley, DY1 2SL
Phone 01384 660150
Hours of Operation
|Sunday||8 am–8 pm|
|Monday||8 am–8 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am–8 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am–8 pm|
|Thursday||8 am–8 pm|
|Friday||8 am–8 pm|
|Saturday||8 am–8 pm|